From 1 October 2018, Nicolas Sériès will take over the management of all ZEISS marketing and service structures in France.
President of the Vision Care business in France since 2010, Nicolas Sériès retains this responsibility in addition to his new role in this organization, which has more than 600 employees throughout the country. It has a turnover of more than 230 million euros on all its activities in France.
- Vision Care is well known in the world of optics for its high-end lenses and the strength of its innovations.
- Méditec is a major player in the field of medical technology with products and services for ophthalmology but also neurosurgery, ENT surgery, gynecology and oncology or the dental sector.
- Microscopie is the historical division of ZEISS with microscopy products for biomedical research, health and high technology industries.
- Métrologie is one of the leaders in the field of multidimensional measurement machines and solutions applied to the industry.
"In line with our position as a value alternative in the optical ophthalmic market, our ambition is to rely on the synergies of the ZEISS divisions in France to enhance our differentiating strengths in the fields of industry, medical technology and health research, which is one of the major subjects of French concern. For example, in the field of vision health, ZEISS now occupies all segments of the patient's ophthalmic care path: precision ophthalmic lenses, advanced ophthalmic diagnostics and eye microsurgery. Guaranteeing the standards of innovation and quality of our brand to the general public, professionals and manufacturers is our commitment to excellence, whether applied in the industrial, medical or individual health worlds” comments Nicolas Sériès.
This appointment reflects the will of ZEISS, world leader in precision optics, to reinforce the synergies between the different activities of the group and the positioning of ZEISS as a visual health expert with the Vision Care and Meditec divisions, key players in the optics world.
50 years old,
Graduate of Grenoble Ecole de Management (ESC), 1992.
Professional career :
- Chief Executive Officer Carl Zeiss Vision France since May 1, 2010.
- Managing Director of KIS, a subsidiary of PHOTO-ME (Photography Market) 2004 - 2006, 2009 - 2010.
- Executive positions at KIS SAS, a subsidiary of PHOTO-ME, 1995 - 2009.
- Sales Manager SIAMP CEDAP (packaging for the food industry), 1993 - 1995.
Photography, sport (sailing, skiing, golf, mountain biking) and traveling.
With nearly 28,000 employees, ZEISS is a world leader in the precision optical industry. For more than 170 years, ZEISS has been contributing to technological progress with dedicated solutions for the semiconductor, automotive and machine tool industries, biomedical research, medical technology and ophthalmic lenses. photographic and cinematographic lenses, binoculars and planetariums. The turnover of ZEISS for all its activities in France is € 230 million. ZEISS Vision Care France is the French subsidiary of the Visual Health division. It employs 330 people in France. Its headquarters are based in Fougères (35). ZEISS Vision Care France manufactures and distributes ophthalmic lenses, optical solutions for visually impaired people, refractive material, digital measurement tools for opticians.
Learn more about ZEISS
Media contacts :
Tél. +33 (0) 2 99 65 05 47
Cell : +33 (0) 7 86 26 46 12
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
ZEISS Vision Care France
Tél. +33 (0 6 40 77 72 29
e-mail : email@example.com